12 April, 2011

Complicated

5 min warm up
Stretch
4-2-1 tempo
2x 20 stab. ball chest presses
2x 20 inverted rows
2x 20 overhead press
2x 20 single leg squats

2-0-2 tempo
3x 12 straight arm twists
3x 12 speed skaters

1-0-1 tempo
2x 20 tricep push ups
2x 25 meters lunges
5 min cool down
Stretch

This morning I have nothing on my mind that is related to roller derby or working out. So to hell with the premise and here we go. Life is complicated. I believe that most of us understand this yet so often we look at things as though they can be reduced to an equation. Take for instance Einstein's quote about insanity; "doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results". Far be it from me to go toe to toe with Einstein but I think that when it comes to people, this summation is incomplete. The problem is that we are never in the exact same situation twice. Time passes and with it we change. So this is where my mind is swimming this morning, a little closer to the deep end than my regular counting of reps. One of the problems that I tend to fall into is viewing things in a very black and white way. It's not a bad thing if I'm deciding between Mexican food or sushi, but with people it is to narrow a view. The truth that there is an entire spectrum of color between black and white, certainly much more than gray, easily escapes me. Last night I waged a full on battle in my own head over whether or not to text someone, a person with which the situation is more than a little colorful and complicated to say the least. My initial thought was simple, yes or no. It ended up a little more Shakespearean, kind of a "to send or not to send" sort of a deal. In the end I opted for the latter and have been attempting to keep my thoughts at bay ever since. In a different time I wouldn't have thought about this at all, having sent many a similar text. Now is a little different though. People are involved and there is risk. The situation is no longer the exact same, no longer ensuring the same outcome. My only point is that I can't find one, and for that matter can't believe that I am bitching about something as ridiculous as a text message which I hate communicating with anyway. Fuck it. I'm sending this shit anyway. I told you it was complicated.

Have a great day!

J

No comments:

Post a Comment