29 August, 2010

More Than A Hobby

One of my favorite things about roller derby is that for most it is more than a hobby. It is a way of life. Fitness is very similar in this way. You know what it is like during the incredibly short off season that you get. The first week it is hard to just relax. By the second week you are already planning for the next season and the points that will be scored and the hits that will be had. Your workouts can be very similar in this way. Once you get yourself into a routine, you find it more comfortable living fit than it ever was not living this way. Let me blow your mind real quick. I hate to workout! This is not what trainers are supposed to say but it is the truth. above all, I hate to run. After 8 to 10 hours in the gym the last thing I want to do is worry about my own workout. Many of you can probably identify with this feeling. Now before I am burned as a heretic by the local mob of meatheads, let me say I absolutely love the feeling right after a workout. I also love not having to think about it if my friends want to go on a twenty mile bike ride or do some rock climbing. The feeling right after a workout is the reason that I can still survive 2 hr. hockey pick up games or knocking a ball around with the boys (it also helps me make it up the stairs). All of this is to say that I don't blame you for not enjoying working out, but it doesn't let you off of the hook either. but whether it's derby, running around with friends, chasing kids, taking some time to yourself, or working toward looking even more amazing in a little black dress(or fishnets and a jersey), make your fitness a part of your day and I promise it will pay off. Now let's get after it!

5 min. warmup
Stretch
2x 100 meters skipping for distance
2x 25 meters karaoke step(each side)
2x 25 squat jumps
2x 25 up downs (squat thrusts, burpees)
3x 10 push ups
3x 10 inverted rows
2x 25 shoulder shrugs
4x 30 sec. planks
4x 30 sec V sits(seated pike pos.)
2x 25 crunches with legs straight up over body
2x 25 reg. crunches
5 min. cool down
Stretch

Enjoy!

J

No comments:

Post a Comment