30 September, 2010

Nothing Clever

It's 3:30 in the morning and I am to tired to sleep. My day starts again in an hour and a half and quite frankly this post will probably not be coherent. For the record, this does not come close to the model of a good lifestyle to keep your body in top form. But sometimes we do what is necessary rather than what we would prefer. On a completely different note, I checked out www.funkepunkemonke.com and noticed a link for Kermt the Frog covering Elliott Smith's "Needle In The Hay". I have to say Elliott Smith is one of my all time favorite song writers. You probably want to start in a good mood though with hopes of diving for bottom because if you start at the bottom his music may take you a little too far. Along the same lines, in my mind at least , I think of Damien Rice, David Gray, James Taylor, Cat Stevens, Ray LaMontagne, and Dan Fogelberg. I know it's kind of a random list but as far as lesser recognized, amazing song writers go these are toward the top of my list. I don't know what it is about fall but it seem to help bring many of these singers songs to life for me. Probably not a workout play list ( I have tried this to little avail) but definitely worth a listen. While your at it, the new Jimmy Eat World is really good too! I would also be remiss if I didn't mention the band Far or there lead singer Jonah Matranga. This guy hasn't done anything I didn't like. Now with that said i am going to wrap this up and call it. Have a great day!

5 min. warm up
Stretch
2x 50 meters karaoke steps (each side)
2x 50 meters high knees
2x 50 meters side steps(each side)
4x 50 meters back pedal to sprint
4x 100 meter sprint
2x 200 meter sprint
4x 400 meter sprint @ 120 sec. (2 min)
4x 30sec. planks
10x 5 sec. ab presses
2x 25 oblique crunches
5 min. cool down
Stretch

Enjoy!

J

No comments:

Post a Comment