09 November, 2010

Let's Begin

It's time for us to get to work. I understand that for some of you this seems to be premature or undesirable. Many of you have been competing or preparing to compete for the past eleven months. To be very honest with you, I don't blame you for having those feelings. This is the longest season of any sport I know of but at the same time, this is roller derby. Upon reflecting on the past season and my involvement with the local girls I have come to a few conclusions. Most of you were derby girls long before they put on skates. For almost all of the women who I have counted it my pleasure to have worked with, derby is the best way that they express who they are. The sport in and of itself is unremarkable. The women who play the sport are quite the opposite. So what does any of this have to do with working out and why we are taking an extended break? You don't stop being strong, sassy women just because it is the off season do you? Of course not. This is a way of life as is your physical health. Derby girls don't quit and they never stop improving. There is evidence of this in every corner of the sport(except maybe the refs) (I'm kidding of course). So there will be no rest for the wicked and we are pressing on.

5 min. warm up
Stretch
20 min. light cardio
20 min. moderate cardio
2x 25 V twists
2x 25 hip ups
2x 25 pike crunches
5 min cool down
Stretch

Enjoy!

J

No comments:

Post a Comment