23 March, 2011

Out Of Touch

10 min warm up
Stretch
4x 6 Burpee Push ups
4x 25 meter lunges
4x 6 squat to overhead press
4x 6 pull ups (lat pulls if you can't do pull ups)
4x 90 sec planks
5 min cool down
Stretch

I woke up this morning and realized that spring is here. Actually it feels a lot more like summer as the Midwest has some seasons that last forever (winter) and others that last for twenty minutes (spring, fall). All that aside, this seems impossible. Did you know that it is March? Again, my mind is blown as this seems to be only a few weeks into 2011. My point in all of this rambling is that I feel like I am on a bit of a different planet at times. I am not terribly unique in this, at least I hope not, as I have had several conversations with friends recently all boiling down to feelings of disconnection with reality. Though it may be both universal and rather commonplace, this state of existence is not really a pleasurable feeling if left to itself for too long. A few symptoms I have identified seem to be but are not limited to obsession over work, trouble sleeping when you are supposed to be, getting stuck in your own head with your own thoughts, speaking in language that is unrecognizable to more than three other humans, irrational insecurities, over thinking things yet remaining indecisive, and finally being annoyed with anyone or anything that does not go exactly your way at your pace. This is just a short list of highlights from what I have seen in losing touch with the rest of the planet. The danger of this is that in the process of spending too much time in your own inner or outer space, you alienate the rest of the world. Along these lines, yesterday I received a message on facebook(don't even get me started on this mysterious universe)from roller girls in Puerto Rico just saying hello. While I very much appreciate the greeting and hope all is well in paradise, I can't tell you what the names of my neighbors are, never mind what is going on nearly 3000 miles away. Today I am recommending getting out, spending time with other people in person, face to face, and trying to get back in touch with the rest of the world as well as sharing the individuality that is our own with everyone else. We may scare a few people in the process but it will probably be alright in the end.

Enjoy!

J

No comments:

Post a Comment