02 April, 2011

Ready To Play

Day of the game and it's time to get ready. Start with a decent breakfast, 30 minutes of cardio (keep it light, but get your heart rate up a little), and make sure that you have everything you need before you head to the track. This is the point where things get a little weird for most of us. What I mean by this is that we all have our own routines that we like to go through before competing, our own superstitions or idiosyncrasies. I am not much for superstition myself but I remember playing with some people who definitely did. I prefer a much more laid back approach. I like to arrive early, about an hour or so. After a few quick greetings, I like to have music going and I don't want to talk to anyone. A nice light warm up just to get a feel for the conditions and surroundings, not quite enough to break a sweat. Back to the locker room to get dressed and mentally focused. A little joking around and then a shift into prep mode. Nothing is better for this than a good locker room speech, the kind that makes you want to knock the whole arena to the ground just to watch it fall ( and to know it was your doing because you are the baddest motherfuckers in the world!!!) After that, the roar of the crowd will fade and you should only smell the blood of the other team in the water already. Now all you have to do is go and get them!!! Good Luck!

P.S. This is my play list recommendation for a good pre-game pump up

Glosoli- Sigur Ros
Tha Crossroads- Bone Thugs n Harmony
Young Blood- Naked and Famous
Ditty- Paperboy
Transatlanticism- Death Cab For Cutie
The City Is Mine- Jay-Z
What's Left Of The Flag- Flogging Molly
Till I Collapse- Eminem Feat. Nate Dogg
Welcome To The Jungle- Guns N Roses
Epic- Faith No More
Disconnected- Face to Face
Okay, I Believe You But My Tommy Gun Don't- Brand New
Teenage Suicide- Unwritten Law
Welcome- Outhouse
Stars- Hum


J

1 comment: