13 June, 2011

What's The Frequency, Kenneth?

5 min. warm up
Stretch
4-2-1 tempo
5x 5 push up to row
5x 5 squat to overhead press
5x 5 inverted row
5x 5 frog hops for distance
4x 30 sec. planks
2x 10 butterfly crunches
2x 25 neg. crunches
2x 10 stab. ball bridges
5 min cool down
Stretch

Right now I am in the middle of some ironic disconnect with the rest of the world. Through no lack of effort, I still am finding it tough to tune in to whatever seems to be going on around me. This might not be such a huge issue save the fact that I work with people in a one on one or small group setting, giving me no room to be a half step off. I remember a time where I had taken a stab at "Corporate America" and fell asleep in a meeting with my boss. When she roused me from my ill timed nap I had no idea what to say for myself so I just asked for a cup of coffee. Needless to say she was unimpressed to say the least and my stint in the corporate world drew to an abrupt close. For many people, the world of fitness is very similar in that it will not hold their attention. I attribute a lot of this to the fact that it is a very physical manifestation of the difficulty involved with change, something that is almost never comfortable and typically involves a fair degree of stress. No matter how difficult change may be It is something that we must deal with constantly. The converse side of working out physically is not just staying the same but rather losing ground to aging and environmental challenges that we live amongst. The only solution that seems to work is to approach this challenge with a disciplined mentality, one that only allows us to see ourselves progressing even when we cannot immediately see the results. Keeping our brains tuned in this way is a lot harder said than done, but in the end will breed the success we desire. That said, let's get to work!

Enjoy!

J

No comments:

Post a Comment