04 August, 2011

The Top

Recently I have had a rash of clients that are doing their best to not be on time, or for that matter, show up at all. Some of this is to be expected with summertime but this has been a little worse than normal. Honestly I would love to tell them off, give one of those speeches that tugs at the heartstrings and puts more than a thin layer of guilt on ones conscience, but at the end of the day I really have to take responsibility for some of this. I don't want to be in the gym any more than most of my clients do right now. It's hot outside and I am tired of doing laundry after sweating through three shirts a day. I am a little more irritable and therefore not interested in listening to more bitching about my clients not wanting to workout. Many days I would just rather take a nap and go hang out with my friends. The problem with this is that my job is to motivate other people to get in shape, to put themselves in temporary discomfort in pursuit of health and vanity. It has been my experience in this, as well as many other areas of my life, that people will only rise to the standards that you hold yourself to. I have no leverage with my clients to motivate them if I am unwilling or unhappy to do the things that I am asking them to do. This coupled with the attitude you approach life with will determine your results in the end. (On a side note, if you are struggling with getting your body to improve even though your diet, exercise, and sleep are perfect, change your attitude and it will be the edge you need to move forward. Just saying!) All this is to say that people will always look to the top first for change and if you have people looking to you, the example you set will be followed. Now if I could only take my own advise!

Enjoy!

J


5 min. warm up
Stretch
4x 400 meter sprints with 30 sec. rest between
4x 200 meter sprints with 20 sec rest between
4x 100 meter sprints with 10 sec rest between
20 min of intervals (3min jog, 2 min 80% run)
25 lunges each leg
2x 25 side swishes
2x 25 oblique crunches
5 min cool down
Stretch

No comments:

Post a Comment