05 October, 2011

Obsessive

I have a tendency to be an all or nothing type of human being. After spending the weekend with the roller derby community, I have found myself in good company. Over the past month life has been busy, mostly with the mundane shit and seemingly hopeless situations that can present themselves from time to time. This explains a lot of my absence in writing as consistently but it does not excuse it. A few observations that I have made over the past few days have kind of brought this to light. Specifics have no need to be discussed here but these are my thoughts on life, competition, and getting done what we are meant to do as individuals. First off, anything that we are going to do, fun or not, is worth doing the to the best of our abilities. It is easy to cut corners, to procrastinate, but once we fall into these patterns they can be a bitch to break. Life is too short to half ass anything. I'd prefer to live each day crushing it, squeezing every last little drop of wonder, emotion, thought, and action out that a day can yield. If you are sick, hurt, or injured, put your focus on getting back to the top of your game by allowing yourself to recover and making progress in other aspects of life. Just because you are on the sidelines doesn't mean you cannot play a role in your own and those around you's success. Secondly, don't be afraid to show emotion. You don't have to wear your heart on your sleeve but allowing yourself to feel and letting others see that is a vital part to living your life to the fullest. It's not easy or comfortable for everyone but it is totally worth it. Lastly, forgive people including yourself. We all judge more than we should. I have a tendency to be very vocal about this before I have taken the time to really think things through. It has landed me in trouble more times than I can count and left me eating crow until I am chocking on black feathers. Forgive yourself for situations that you have a part in and try to improve in the future. The roller derby community is a great one for both living life to it's fullest and being accepted. Enjoy this and take it to the fullest!

5 min warm up
Stretch
3x 15 push ups
3x 25 meters of lunges
3x 15 overhead presses
3x 15 inverted rows
4x 30 sec planks
2x 25 reg crunches
2x 25 neg crunches
2x 25 side swishies
5 min cool down
Stretch

Enjoy!

J

No comments:

Post a Comment