11 October, 2011

In And Out Of Love

Sometimes the world can seem fickle. Right now I am trying my best to make myself sit down and write but procrastination has been prevailing. As a personal trainer, I am not supposed to say things like this but rather be on my game all of the time. Well ... fuck that. I am also human and right now I am in a bit of a rut. let me explain. I am in love with being active and in order to do that I am a huge proponent of staying in good physical condition, but while love is an action, the feelings sometimes wax and ebb as we go. Right now, it is all I can do to get in the gym and get my own workouts done and when that is the case it is very difficult to tell anyone else to, let alone write about it. Have I lost my passion for fitness? I don't believe so but like anything else there are easy times and more difficult. It is only if we persevere through he rough patches that we get to again experience the joy and love that drew us in to begin with. I am sure that roller derby is no different. All commitments that we begin will at one point or another seem to have lost their meaning and leave us feeling a little stale. The key here is that we don't give up, don't quit on the things to which we owe such a debt of gratitude for bringing us incredible happiness even when the spark seems lost. So Here's to pressing forward!

J


5min. Warm Up
Stretch
4x 50meters skipping for distance
4x 25meters skipping for height
3x 20 speed skaters
2x 30 sec. mountain climbers
10 min. of interval training ( Sprint 30 sec., Jog 90sec.)
2x 25meters lunges
2x 25meters bear crawls
4x 60sec planks
4x 25 bicycle crunches
5 min. Cool down
Stretch

No comments:

Post a Comment