12 December, 2011

The Lull

Over the top, all of the time is probably the best way that I can describe how I would rather conduct my life. Roller Derby is about one month into the off season, as am I with my training schedule, and I am growing impatient. It is not that things are going poorly, it's quite the opposite really, but this doesn't stop me from having plenty of pent up aggression that I am ready to unleash for no purpose in particular. I guess what I am getting at is that I can deal with crazy travel schedules, days that are booked to the hilt, and general chaos coming around every corner. I thrive in that type of environment, especially when the rest of the world is a little too uncomfortable with it. What I struggle with is the concept of boredom and that is what I am finding more days than not right now. With the holidays upon us most people you see out are relatively happy. Good food, time away from work, and a thousand other reasons have the public in a better than usual mood. I guess I understand on a cerebral level but I cannot connect with the truth in the sentiment. I would rather be chasing parked cars than pissing time away with no aim in mind. Please forgive my cynicism as I unravel a bit here but I was not really built for peace. I much prefer the fights in life but right now things are pretty peaceful and I am uncomfortable with that. Many of you can probably identify with my state of mind right now and I offer you my condolences. A lull in the action can be a tough thing to weather but we will make it through, we will persevere. Soon enough Derby will be back and weight will need to be lost again. Motivation will be a desirable quality again and killer instincts will again be sharpened and readied to strike. Until then, for those of us that are bored to death with "normal", we can take some ground in improving physically and hopefully snap some necks in the process for those people who are watching. Here we go...

Enjoy!

J

5 min warm up
Stretch
2x 20 back flys
2x 20 lateral raises
2x 20 squat jumps for distance
2x 20 push ups with rotation
2x 20 frog kicks
4x 45 sec planks
2x 25 ball crunches
2x 25 neg crunches
5 min warm up
Strtech

No comments:

Post a Comment