21 March, 2012

Too Long Away

You may have noticed that my posts have become less and less frequent as of recently. This can be attributed to many different things, some more desirable than others, but none of them valid enough to qualify as an excuse. Though it has been good to step away for a bit, it is time to tighten things back up and get on track. One thing that I have noticed through this process is how easy it is to continue growing when you are practicing good habits and how quickly things will fade when you step away from them. Over the past few months I have had a number of my favorite roller girls remind me that no matter what is going on in your life, you are still in control of your own reaction and preparation. In short, everything in life is a choice. I have seen this in my own life many times and am excited about the implications that this holds for all of us. Just for a brief update as far as my end goes: I will be focusing more on injury prevention and rehab in the coming months as it has become one of the most blatant issues in the derby community as well as in my own life (torn ligaments in my knee) and the competitive spirit that drives us all in sport. I am in the middle of launching several ventures back into the realm of athletics, specifically soccer, and it feels good to be back on the pitch. Overall the whole mess is a pleasant reminder no to take too much time away from that which you love, the things in life that strike up the passion within.


Cheers,

J

5 min warm up
Stretch
2x 20 narrow grip push ups
2x 20 lateral raises
2x 20 high rows or chin ups (either or will work)
2x 20 rockstar jumps
4x 60 sec planks
2x 25 straight leg crunches
2x 25 frog kicks
5 min cool down
Stretch

No comments:

Post a Comment