29 July, 2010

Envy

That's right, I am envious, and so are many others. Let's think about it. As roller girls you kind of have the best of all worlds. You get to be athletes, to compete at the highest level of a sport in front of crowds of hundreds, maybe thousands of people. You get the camaraderie that only takes place on a team with people you choose to play with. I reminisce of my days as an athlete, time spent traveling, working hard, sweating, celebrating, mourning, and occasionally bleeding in a world that was unlike the one I currently live in. I remember times that I loved my teammates for being there, operating as a unit, being of one mind, a singleness of purpose and that purpose was our best interest as a team. I also remember times that I hated my teammates, their comments, tempers, personalities, and attitudes. Looking back from where I sit today, i miss even the worst of times. I even miss losing as a team. Knowing the pain that filled me could be seen in the eyes of my mates as we silently commiserated. And who can forget the elation of a well won victory. What's the point of this rambling? I simply wanted to remind you that these times that you are blessed to compete are special and so are the women that you get to compete with. The rest of us will continue to come, to support you, to enjoy the beauty of competition that we desperately miss, and to see the next incredible jam or jaw dropping hit. Like modern day female gladiators, you remind us of the essence that we struggle to grasp at in the real world. The competition to really live. And you do this while looking incredible. That being said, let's go to work!

5 min. warm up
Stretch
3x 10 lunges (each leg)
3x 10push ups
3x 10 speed skater jumps
50 meters karaoke(grapevine)
4x 30 sec. planks
2x 10 hip ups
25 bicycle crunches(each side)
2x 10 side crunches (each side)
5 min. cooldown
Stretch

Enjoy!

J

No comments:

Post a Comment