02 February, 2011

Is That Alright With You?

5 min warm up
Stretch
3x 8 push ups
3x 10 single arm chest presses
3x 8 lateral raises
3x 10 overhead presses
3x 8 single arm rows
3x10 back flys
3x8 single leg squats
3x 10 lunges (each leg)
2x plank to failure
5 min cool down
Stretch

Tempo is 2-0-2, rest 30 sec. between sets, Intensity should be at about 75-80% of max.

The title of the blog today is a line from Damien Rice's "9 crimes. A little love for the Irish, you know! The other day I ran into a friend of mine who I hadn't seen in awhile. After a few pleasantries and some brief catching up, the conversation turned serious for a second. I should first mention that serious conversation is not really the character of this gentleman so I was immediately concerned. my friend let me know that he was dealing with some health issues, that the treatment was painful, and that things were a little bit tough right now. I was left in shock for a bit, not knowing what to think.

"I have a small problem I was wanting your opinion on" he said. "One of my friends just bought a bobsled and wants me to enter a competition with him, but I have treatment the day of the race."

My mind, still reeling from the first set of news was completely blown at this point. Both my friend and I live in Kansas City, not quite the bobsled capital of the world if you know what I mean. He has no experience in the sport but thought it may be a good time time to gather some.

My friend said "I hate to miss an opportunity to do something I have never tried before. I have always been that way and I love it. I have also never regretted trying something. My only regrets are not trying something"

The last line hung with me like an anchor to the bottom of the ocean. This is the approach that I believe in, the one that I desire to live with. All I can say to my friend is thank you and keep getting better. Hope you all have a great day!

Enjoy!

J

No comments:

Post a Comment