14 March, 2011

Go To Work

10 min warm up
Stretch
50 meters lunges
25 meter karaoke step(each direction)
4x 100 meter sprints
2x 200 meter sprints
4x 400 meter sprints
1 mile jog
4x 45 sec planks
2x 25 straight leg crunches
5 min cool down
Stretch


One of the best pieces of advice I have ever received was the statement a man made to me a long time ago. "No matter what is going on in your life, excitement and joy or stress and depression, go to work". This was all he told me and at the time I thought he was nuts. I thought that there was a lot more to life than work and honestly I would rather pursue everything else more. As time has passed, his statement has stuck with me and become a valuable lesson and a good guiding force in my life. While I still believe that there is more to life than your occupation, putting your hand to whatever work is in front of you is always to your benefit. Things of value, things worth living your life for, take effort to achieve and should be pursued relative to the esteem that you place upon them. People with the best relationships, the most athletic ability, the most natural talent, the greatest intelligence, or the best creative expression still have to try constantly to maintain and grow their abilities beyond where they have already been blessed. If you are miserable in all of these areas, and I have been, go to work on that. Don't forget this is a workout blog, and going to work on yourself physically is one of the best ways to speed things up. Physical work provides physical change as well as mental and emotional changes as well. moral of the story; all good things! That said, GO TO WORK!

Have a great day!

J

No comments:

Post a Comment