27 April, 2011

Not In The Mood

We all have days where the last thing in the world we want to do is go to practice, or even worse, the gym. Today I don't want to be here and I practically live in the gym. Working out doesn't sound appealing and I'm sure that this thought will resonate with many of you today as well. What should we do in this situation? Here is the solution I am going with: I am going to add some weight to each of my sets, do exercises I hate a little more than the rest at a higher intensity than typical, and crank out some music that I can get lost in for a while with hopes of forgetting how much I don't want to do this today. When it's over, we will all feel better. Hope your day I going a little smoother!

J

5 min warm up
Stretch
4-2-1 tempo
3x 12 push ups
3x 12 squat to over head press
3x 50 meters of lunges
3x 12 inverted rows

no tempo
2x 50 meters skipping for distance
2x 50 meters skipping for height
2x 20 squat jumps
4x 30 sec plank
2x 25 crunches of your choosing
5 min cool down
Stretch

Here is the playlist I am going with:

Bad Day- R.E.M.
Cinnamon & Lipstick- FM Static
Thanks For The Misery- Reggie and the Full Effect
Wagon Wheel- Old Crow Medicine Show
Lover- Sonia Dada
Promises- Face to Face
Killing Me- Graham Colton Band
You Are A Tourist- Deathcab For Cutie
Not In Love- Crystal Castles
Epic- Faith No More
Bulls On Parade- Rage Against The Machine
Bitte Ein Kuss- Jonah's Onelinedrawing
Simple Math- Manchester Orchestra
Dixieland Delight- Alabama
Like A Prayer- Madonna
These Things- She Wants Revenge

1 comment: