25 July, 2011

Monday

Over the weekend I was realizing that it's been over a year since I started writing this blog and I've managed to write nearly everyday. In going back and looking through the posts, I realized that there had been almost no repeated workouts. It's one of the great things about working out in that you can constantly be changing things up and still make progress toward your goals. Over the past year a lot of things changed for us as individuals as well as for roller derby as a sport. We've seen the end of one season the beginning of another and a whole lot more visibility for the sport as a whole. For me personally, I've seen the end of a relationship,the start of many opportunities, moved three times, lost and gained a dog, and traveled the country with some of the most incredible women I've ever met. but what is it it's easy to let time slip by and the changes go unnoticed. Consider where you are physically 12 months ago and I promise you find many things have changed, hopefully for the better. Personally I'm not much of a believer in looking backwards, but occasionally a glance in the rear-view mirror is good to keep us grounded. That being said here to work out for today!

5 min warm up
Stretch
2-0-2 tempo
3x 10 wide grip push ups
3x 10 lateral raises
3x 10 single leg step ups
3x 25 meters lunges

1-0-1 tempo
2x 25 reg crunches
2x 25 neg crunches
4x 60 sec. planks
5 min cooldown
Stretch

Enjoy!

J

No comments:

Post a Comment