06 July, 2011

Restless

As the mercury rises I am finding it more and more difficult to stay inside. Air conditioning is nice if you are the type of person who is into amenities but I am not. I'd rather have a day out on the water, lose sight of shore and listen to the wind as it cuts across the glassy surface. This time of year is also when I begin to question my sanity living 1500 miles from the nearest ocean. I grew up on the water and miss it more than anything else. Somehow a river, even when it is flooding, doesn't do water justice compared to the way I have seen it. Why am I rambling on about the ocean? I am restless right now and in need of some adventure. The type of thing where the stakes are raised a bit, where the danger is real and so is the adrenaline. Something more than a pool on a roof to pull me through this glorious heat. By the way, here is your workout as this is still a workout blog I think...

5 min warm up
Stretch
4-2-1 tempo
4x 6 push up to row
4x 6 squat to overhead press
4x 6 bent rows
4x 6 frog hops for height

1-0-1 tempo
25 rockstar scissor jumps
25 meters of lunges with a hop
2x 25 side swishes
2x 25 butterfly crunches
30 sec V-sit
5 min cool down
Stretch

Enjoy!
J

No comments:

Post a Comment