22 August, 2011

With Friends Like This Who Needs Enemies?

Late last week I was slinging drinks at a local bar when a young couple came in. I asked what they wanted and the man replied "a little more time". I ignored this and went back to washing glasses, waiting for these two to make up their mind. Finally they made their order, a couple of bush lights, and the man gave his girlfriend some money to put into the jukebox. "It's my last night as a free man" he said "play me something good." While he was explaining to me that the next day he was to begin a prison sentence, "Sitting, waiting, wishing" by Jack Johnson came on as his girlfriends first selection. This was only mildly amusing compared to the next three selections; "Freebird" by Lynard Skynard, "45" by Shinedown, "I Hate Everything About You" by Three Days Grace, and "I'm A Slave 4 U" by Britney Spears. The shear irony of most of these songs left me falling down laughing and feeling sorry for this guy, not because he had to do his time but because he was clearly being sent of with a nasty message rather than best wishes. In honor of irony and some jackass in prison, here is a top 10 for songs about Jail. Have a great day on the outside!

J

5 min warm up
Stretch
3x 10 pushups
3x 20 twist throws with med ball
3x 10 lateral raises
3x 20 step up to overhead presses
3x 10 single leg squats
3x 20 tuck jumps
3x 10 inverted rows
3x 20 back fly
2x 25 single leg crunches (each side)
2x 25 stab ball crunches
2x 20 floor bridges
5 min cool down
Stretch


1. Folsom Prison Blues- Johnny Cash
2. I Fought The Law- The Clash
3. Jailhouse Rock- Elvis Presley
4. Penitentiary- Citizen Cope
5. Bullet With Butterfly Wings- Smashing Pumpkins
6. Date Rape- Sublime
7. This Place Is A Prison- The Postal Service
8. Sanitarium- Metallica
9. 99 problems- Jay Z
10. Friend Of The Devil- The Grateful Dead

No comments:

Post a Comment