06 September, 2011

Scars, Beautiful Scars

I am looking down at my arm in disgust as I notice that the scar on my forearm is fading. Truth be told, I have no idea where I picked this one up but I am sorry to see it go. This may seem like a strange sentiment given that scars are not typically held in high regard but I absolutely love them. For the past twenty eight years I have collected them like little badges of honor from adventures lived and battles fought. My shins are riddled with more than I have counted from cleats being dug into flesh and my hands are covered with traces of fists hitting various faces. My palm has a few nasty ones from being drug over a reef while surfing as a child and my thumb carries the remnants of a shark that left his mark while getting off my hook. The rest of my body tells stories of bike wrecks and surgeries to repair torn ligaments, each one unique and totally worth the effort. Stitches, butterfly bandages, band aides, and super glue have assisted in securing all of these little trophies to me but the nature of their origin is somewhere much deeper. Most of these originate from an unwillingness to yield to reason or terra firma and in my mind measure the heart that life has been met with. With any luck, I will leave this world with little left but ghosts of adventure and challenges met, the evidence of a life lived to it's fullest.

Have a great day!

J

5 min warm up
Stretch
3x 10 pushups with rotation
3x 20 chest passes with med ball
3x 10 step up to overhead presses
3x 20 volleyball set with med ball
3x 10 deadlifts
3x 20 box jumps
3x 10 inverted rows
3x 20 back flys
2x 25 stab ball crunches
2x 15 stab ball plank crunches
5 min cool down
Stretch

No comments:

Post a Comment