11 September, 2011

Till The Wheels Fall Off

Let me speak candidly. I have a tendency to go with a situation until it is firmly run into the ground. There is a tenacity in my nature that prefers not to quit, and from time to time, will revisit past wreckage just to make sure that there isn't some breath of life left in an adventure. This may be why I was drawn to the women who play roller derby. They always seem up for a good bout no matter the outcome. We also seem to share a passion for whatever we are doing and I dig that as well. From time to time though, this can be to our own detriment. I am speaking here of both life and sport. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. Sometimes your losses feel better than winning and occasionally winning hurts more than the toughest beating that you have ever taken. The question is how do you meet the next moment? Whether ahead or behind, can you put your nose back to the grindstone, regain your focus and clarity, maintain your patience long enough to see the next opportunity or for that matter the next wall to trap you? These are questions that I believe cannot be answered by words but must be proven with action alone. I can tell you this: these are some of the questions that still resound in my head daily and some for which I do not have all of the answers. The only thing I can hope is that the intensity holds out until the wheels fall off before we think of quitting!

Have a great week!

J

5 min. warmup
Stretch
4x 100 meter sprints
2x 200 meter sprints
4x 50 meters lunges
2x 10 push ups
2x 20 chest passes w/ med ball
2x 10 inverted rows
2x 20 burpees
2x 25 squat to overhead presses
2x 20 tuck jumps
4x 25 reg crunches
4x 25 neg. crunches
2x 25 straight leg crunches
5 min. cool down
Stretch

No comments:

Post a Comment