03 November, 2011

Under The Covers

I am no morning person. I'd prefer to sleep late and stay up all night but life doesn't always bend to our wishes. Instead, I stay up all night and still get up before the sun. Sleep is a premium that I cannot afford because there are too many other things in life that I'd rather be doing. For the record I don't recommend this as a healthy approach as your body definitely needs it's share of rest, but we all have those few things that keep us from being perfect (or a laundry list). The only way that I am able to function most mornings is with a fair share of coffee and music that will move me into the tempo of the day. Today, most of those songs appear to be covers and while not necessarily better than the originals, they certainly bring a different flavor to the mix. Here is a quick playlist for you. Let me know if I miss anything.

J

1. Nothing Compares To You- The Stereophonics
2. Mrs. Robinson- The Lemonheads
3. Regret- The Get Up Kids
4. Stand By Your Man- Me First And The Gimme Gimme's
5. Hungry Eyes- New Found Glory
6. Radiation Vibe- Hem
7. Mad World- Gary Jules
8. To Love Somebody- Damien Rice and Ray LaMontagne
9. Sweet Dreams- Marilyn Manson
10. Crimson & Clover- Joan Jett and The Blackhearts
11. Leaving On A Jet Plane- Slightly Stoopid
12. Pony- Far
13. Lover, Lover -Jerrod Niemann


5 min warm up
Stretch
3x 5 pushups with rotation (each side)
3x 10 step up to single arm overhead press (each side)
3x 10 inverted rows
3x 10 tuck jumps
4x 60 sec. planks
3x 10 floor bridges
5 min cool down
Stretch

No comments:

Post a Comment